NEWS

Minority Calls For Immediate Interdiction of BOST MD
NEWS

The NDC Minority caucus in Parliament has called for a thorough investigation into the sale of 5 million litres of contaminated petroleum product to a private company called Movenpiina by the Managing Director of the Bulk Oil and Transportation Ltd (BOST), Alfred Obeng Boateng. According to Peace FM’s Parliamentary correspondent Emmanuel Akorli, the minority made this call at a press conference at Parliament on Tuesday. During the conference which was addressed by former Energy Minister Hon. Emmanuel Armah Kofi Buah and former Power...

Like
40
0
Wednesday, 28 June 2017
It’s not unusual for Movenpiina, Zup oil to operate without license – NPA Boss
NEWS

The National Petroleum Authority (NPA) says it is not abnormal for the two companies alleged to have purchased the over 5 million litres of contaminated fuel under suspicious circumstances from the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation (BOST) Company to operate without license. The Chief Executive Officer of the NPA, Hassan Tampuli explained that although the two companies were operating without license it has taken the necessary steps to get them regularize their business after sanctions were imposed on them. “We do...

Like
38
0
Wednesday, 28 June 2017
Companies in ‘suspicious’ contaminated fuel sale unlicensed – NPA
NEWS

The National Petroleum Authority, (NPA), has confirmed that the two companies alleged to have purchased the over 5 million litres of contaminated fuel under suspicious circumstances from the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation (BOST)Company, were not licensed to engage in that questionable transaction. This corroborates the claim by the Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP), which raised the alarm about the irregularities in the transaction. According to the NPA, it will take legal action against the firms, whiles “it conducts further...

Like
42
0
Wednesday, 28 June 2017
Eid-Ul-Fitr celebration in K’si turns tragic; teenager shot in the head
NEWS

A teenager has been shot in the head by unknown assailants on Tuesday night at an event to mark the Eid-Ul-Fitr in Kumasi. Unconfirmed reports indicate that the teenager has died from his head injuries. Nurudeen Mohammed reports that the teenager, identified only as Osman, sustained the gunshot wound after he refused to hand over his mobile phone to the suspected armed robbers who had been seizing phones belonging to celebrants at the event. Earlier, the Manhyia hospital said, they...

Like
36
0
Wednesday, 28 June 2017
EU slaps Google with record $2.7 billion fine
NEWS

European antitrust regulators slapped Google with a record €2.4 billion ($2.7 billion) fine on Tuesday for systematically favoring its own search results above those of its competitors. The European Commission found that the U.S. tech giant used its search results to unfairly steer customers to its own shopping platform in a case that dates to 2010. Regulators said that Google must change its behavior within 90 days or face additional penalties. “What Google has done is illegal under EU antitrust...

Like
35
0
Tuesday, 27 June 2017
Dozens feared dead after abandoned in Niger desert
NEWS

Dozens of people are feared dead after human traffickers abandoned them in Niger’s northern desert without food or water, a senior local official said on Monday. Fatoumi Boudou, the prefect of Niger’s northern region of Bilma, told the AFP news agency that authorities on Sunday rescued 24 people who were part of a group of “70 people who had left in three vehicles from Agadez for Libya”. Agadez is a remote town in Niger on the edge of the Sahara desert...

Like
32
0
Tuesday, 27 June 2017